GEK TERNA Group
was formed through the merger of GEK
, two of the largest construction companies in Greece.
The milestones in the Group’s history are:
- Listing of GEK shares on the Athens Stock Exchange (ASE).
- Listing of TERNA shares on the Athens Stock Exchange (ASE).
- Incorporation of TERNA ENERGY, signaling the commencement of activity in the field of energy production from Renewable Energy Sources (www.terna-energy.com).
- GEK and TERNA join forces, thus forming one of the largest Greek Groups in the fields of construction, energy and real estate.
- The Group further expands its activities in the field of real estate development through the participation in the share capital of HERMES REAL ESTATE and KEKROPS, two of the oldest companies in the history of real estate management, with significant real estate property and potential development.
- Incorporation of HERON, signaling the commencement of activity in the fields of energy production from thermal sources and energy supply / trade (www.heron.gr).
- The Group’s restructuring is completed with the absorption of GEK’s construction division by TERNA. GEK is the holding company of the Group, while TERNA is one of the leading construction companies in Greece (www.terna.gr).
- Acquisition of VIOMAGN (now TERNA MAG), signaling the commencement of activity in the field of mining (www.ternamag.com)
- Listing of TERNA ENERGY shares on the Athens Stock Exchange (ASE).
- GEK and TERNA merge into one entity. GEK TERNA is formed. TERNA consolidates all the construction activities of GEK TERNA as a 100% subsidiary of the Group.
GEK TERNA is now one of the leading Groups in Greece combining expertise in the areas of construction, energy production, concessions, mining and real estate.
GEK TERNA and its subsidiary TERNA ENERGY are listed on the Athens Stock Exchange (ASE).